The FLC University now offers a new program to recognize elected officials who take part in the League’s many training opportunities – the Certificate Program for Elected Municipal Officials.
This new, multi-level certificate achievement program will allow you to earn points for the activities in which you are already participating! You can earn or renew certificates annually based on a designated points system.
- Level One: Bronze Certificate of Merit – 10 points
- Level Two: Silver Certificate of Leadership – 20 points
- Level Three: Gold Certificate of Excellence – 30 points*
How Does It Work?
- Sign Up: City officials sign up online using the FLC event registration system, at no cost, to pursue or renew certificates.
- Attend Training Events: League staff tracks each member’s cumulative points through event registrations in our membership database. Awards are accumulated each year from July to July in conjunction with the FLC Annual Conference.
- Track Your Progress: FLC staff will provide status reports quarterly.
- Celebrate Your Achievement: Each year, certificate recipients will receive a press release for their use and recognition in Quality Cities magazine and at the FLC Annual Conference.
We look forward to recognizing committed elected municipal leaders for their efforts to provide excellent service to Florida’s cities and their residents! Click here to learn more.
Questions? Contact Christen Barton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407.367.3443.