Information We Collect
If you only browse our site or download data, some information may be collected automatically. This information will not identify you personally. It is used only to improve this site by telling us the number of visitors and the types of browser and operating system our visitors are using. The following information may be collected each time someone visits our site:
About Your Personal Information
- The Internet domain name (examples: aol.com or foxinternet.net) from which you access our site. This is not your Internet address.
- The IP address from which you connected to our site. The Internet Protocol address is a number assigned to your computer or provided by your Internet Service Provider whenever you browse the Internet. We use this address to send data you request back to you.
- The type of browser you used to visit our site.
- The type of operating system you used.
- The date and time you visit our site.
- The specific pages you visit at our site.
- If you linked to our site from another web site, the address of that site.
In some cases, you may choose to provide us personal information intended for a particular purpose related to League business. If you choose to provide such information to us, it will only be used for the particular purpose you intended. If you send us an electronic mail (e-mail) message with a question or comment that contains or provides us personally identifying information, or fill out a form that e-mails such information to us, we will only use the personally identifiable information to respond to your request and to analyze trends. We may redirect your message to another person in our organization that is in a better position to answer your question.
Security of the Florida League of Cities Site
The Florida League of Cities has taken steps to safeguard the information on this site. These security measures are taken as a part of the implementation of all Florida League of Cities software and hardware infrastructure in order to mitigate risk. The Florida League of Cities, however, cannot warrant as fail proof the security of information collected or provided via this site. Unauthorized attempts to change information on this site or upload information are strictly prohibited.
When You Link To Another Site
The Florida League of Cities site contains links to other sites. Once you link to another site, the Florida League of Cities privacy and security notice no longer applies and you may become subject to any applicable privacy and security policies of that site.