The Florida League of Cities is working in conjunction with the state’s 412 cities, towns and villages to help share vital information and updates regarding the coronavirus and its impact on the Sunshine State.
As Florida continues to monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) within our state, it is important to remain calm, vigilant and informed about the virus. This site is to help our local government partners share information and resources and learn the latest state and federal announcements to help keep your communities safe. We will continue to update this page as new information develops, so please check back daily.
As the impact of the coronavirus evolves, the Florida League of Cities will work closely with state officials, municipal leaders and strategic partners to share the latest information. We encourage everyone to continue practicing good health habits.
Governor DeSantis Executive Orders
Executive orders issued in response to COVID-19 are linked below.
Florida Major Disaster Declaration
- Mortgage Foreclosure and Eviction Relief (April 2, 2020)
- Reemployment Assistance Program (April 2, 2020)
- Safer At Home (April 1, 2020)
- Amending Safer at Home (April 1, 2020)
- Public Access Restrictions in Certain Counties (March 30, 2020)
- Re-employment of Essential Personnel (March 30, 2020)
- Vacation Rental Closures (March 27, 2020)
- Additional Requirements of Certain Individuals Traveling to Florida (March 27, 2020)
- Telehealth and Immunizations for State Group Insurance (March 26, 2020)
- Protective Measures for Vulnerable Populations, Gatherings of Private Citizens and Density of the Workforce (March 24, 2020)
- Isolation of Individuals Traveling to Florida (March 24, 2020)
- Airport Screening and Isolation (March 23, 2020)
- Hospitals and Other Medical Facilities (March 20, 2020)
- Alcohol Sales, Restaurants & Gyms (March 20, 2020)
- Local Government Public Meetings (March 20, 2020)
- Closure of Certain Beaches & Other Establishments (March 20, 2020)
- Regarding Bars, Beaches & Restaurants (March 17, 2020)
- State of Emergency (March 9, 2020)
- Public Health Emergency (March 1, 2020)
President Trump has declared that a major disaster exists in the State of Florida and ordered Federal assistance to supplement State, tribal, and local recovery efforts in the areas affected by the Coronavirus. Read the White House Statement
Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act
The Coronavirus Relief Fund established under the CARES Act will provide direct funding to states and local governments with a population over 500,000. The potential impact on local budgets is largely unknown at this point because Governors will have maximum flexibility to allocate resources from the fund as they see fit. Learn More
Florida Division of Emergency Management (FDEM) Daily Update
The FDEM is now publishing a daily update on the status of COVID-19 in Florida. April 3, 2020
Questions? Contact Jeff Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 850.701.3655 for general inquiries or Brittni Johnsen at email@example.com or 850.701.3652 for media inquiries.